No Sugar Cake with Oats Flour Recipe
Dry Ingredients (Sift together in one bowl)
- 1 + 1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Cup Oats Flour
- 1/2 Cup Mixed Dry Fruits
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tbsp Cinnamon Powder
Wet Ingredients (Whisk together in another bowl)
- 1 + 1/2 cup Jaggery
Place a stand in the vessel so the cake mold is not directly placed onto the heat.
Cook on medium-to-high flame for 10 minutes, then lower the flame and cook it for 35-to-40 minutes.
Make sure your vessel is tightly closed and the heat should not escape out.
- In a large mixing bowl pour jaggery, oil, and yoghurt and mix all the ingredients until jaggery is melted and combined into a smooth paste.
- Add all the wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Now, gently whisk the dry ingredients into the wet with the cut and fold method.
- Mixing lightly allows the air to be formed in the batter to make the cake fluffy, so try not to be harsh with your hands.
- Decorate your cake with almonds, raisins, or whatever inspires you.
- Pour the batter into a round cake pan lined with parchment paper.
- After 40 minutes, poke with a toothpick in the middle and side of your cake to see if it comes out clean, if not let it cook for another 5-to-10 minutes.
- Take out your cake from the vessel/oven and let it rest in the mold for 10-15 minutes.
- De-mould the cake and serve with a cup of black tea or just as it is!