IMPORTANCE OF RIGHT NUTRITION
Right Nutrition becomes even more necessary when you follow an active lifestyle to repair from daily fatigue caused by intense training.
Health Statistics in India
According to Health Ministry of India,
there are more than 30 million obese people and the number is increasing alarmingly.
Obesity is even more acute among women than men. In urban India, more than 23% of women are either overweight or obese, which is higher than the prevalence 20% among men.
- 20% women and 19% men are overweight.
- Obesity ratios are up to 5% in women and 3% in men.
- Only 45% of women consume pulses or beans weekly.
- Only 38% of women consume green vegetables weekly.
- 7% never consume milk or curd and 25% consume milk or curd only occasionally.
- 54% percent of women do not consume fruits even once a week.
- Very few women consume chicken, meat, fish, or eggs on a daily basis.
- 10% of women consume fried foods daily and 36% weekly.
- Aerated drinks are consumed daily by 5% of women and weekly by 20% of women.
when you start indulging in eating correct amount of macros as per your body and follow a regular workout routine, this can help you in reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
Tips for eating
- Cook at home and eat homemade meals.
- Eat whole grains and protein rich foods daily.
- Add a big portion of salad prior to your meals.
- Add green vegetables on your plate.
- Eat at least 1-2 seasonal and regional fruits daily.
- Add one organic dairy product in your day daily like milk, curd or cheese.
- Drink 3-4 liters of water everyday.
- Choose lean cuts of meat like fish, chicken, lamb and eggs.
- If vegetarian eat other plant based sources like beans or tofu.
- Increased levels of energy and good hormones.
- Helps to maintain and lose weight.
- Reduce high blood pressure and high cholesterol.
- Lower the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Better post workout recovery.
- Lower the risk of cancer, diabetes, stroke and osteoporosis.
Things to quit
- Quit smoking.
- Quit alcohol.
- Quit binge eating.
- Quit aerated drinks.
- Quit eating refined sugar.